Who is Eligible for Labiaplasty?
There is no medical condition that required a patient to undergo a labia reduction, but healthy women who are unhappy due to their labial hypertrophy can qualify as candidates. Most women seeking labiaplasty are interested in:
- Reduce the size of their labia minora and/or clitoral hood and improve symmetry.
- Reconstruct the vulva following childbirth
- Treat hygiene difficulties caused by enlarged labia that are lead to frequent infections.
- Eliminate pain caused by wearing tight pants.
- Eliminate the embarrassment or avoid sexual activity
The majority of the labiaplasty patients are between the ages of 20-40, but there are no age restrictions as long as the patient is healthy. The main contraindication of labiaplasty is pregnancy and certain sexually transmitted diseases.
What to Expect During Your Consultation?
The initial consultation begins with the patient expressing their cosmetic and/or functional concerns with their vulva and how it influences their daily life. Following the physical examination, your surgeon will explain in detail what can be done in order to remedy the concern.