Who is Eligible for Labiaplasty?
There is no medical necessity to undergo a labiaplasty procedure, but healthy women of any age who have labial hypertrophy symptoms can qualify as candidates. Generally, women seeking labiaplasty want to:
- Reduce the size of their labia minora and/or clitoral hood
- Fix labial asymmetry
- Reconstruct the vulva after childbirth
- Address hygiene difficulties caused by an enlarged labia
- No longer encounter pain when wearing tight pants or bikini bottoms
- Restore stimulation
- No longer want to feel embarrassed or avoid sexual activity
Labiaplasty is most commonly performed on women between 20-40 years of age, but again, there are no age restraints. However, there are some labiaplasty contraindications, including pregnancy, smokers, and women with certain sexually transmitted diseases.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
The initial vaginal rejuvenation consultation begins with the patient expressing their cosmetic and/or functional concerns with their vulva. Dr Rohit Seth, our labiaplasty surgeon, will perform an examination to determine the technique(s) best suited for the individual case; this may include a combination. The personalised procedure specifics will then be explained in detail so the patient is aware of everything that the surgery will entail. This may include a customised variation on a standard technique to provide optimal results.