How the Nose Affects Facial Proportion
When considering an individual’s profile, the chin and the nose are significant balancing features of the face. For this reason, many people who are unhappy with the size, and shape of their nose choose to have a rhinoplasty. Additionally, some of Mr Khalils patients choose to have nasal surgery in conjunction with a chin augmentation. These two procedures are frequently combined to improve the proportions of an individual’s face.
Issues That a Rhinoplasty Can Address
At Signature Clinic, nasal surgery is frequently utilised to address conditions resulting from the following
- Birth defects
- Natural causes
- Traumatic deformities. Rhinoplasty plastic surgery may involve assisting an individual with attaining the external appearance that he or she desires as well as addressing internal structures that are misplaced and making breathing through the nasal passages difficult.
During Nasal Surgery, Signature Clinic Can:
- Remove a bump
- Increase/Decrease the projection of the nose
- Correct a crooked nose
- Narrow the nose
- Increase/Decrease the size of the nose
- Correct a drooping or hanging tip
- Relieve airway obstruction
While performing nasal surgery, we can correct deformities of the nose by adding to, taking away, reshaping and/or rearranging the cartilage and bones within the nose.
We Use Two Rhinoplasty Approaches:
When we use a closed rhinoplasty approach, Mr Khalil only creates incisions inside the patient’s nose. This approach is ideal for minor issues such as narrowing the patient’s nasal bridge or removing a hump.
This is the approach that Mr Khalil usually prefers. An open rhinoplasty is used to address more extensive issues. This approach involves internal incisions as well as an incision across the patient’s columella (the skin located between the nostrils). The columella incision connects the internal incisions.
Rhinoplasty under Local Anaesthetic
- Lower costs
- Lower downtime
- No overnight stays
- Lower risks of general anaesthetic complications
- No drowsiness
- Arguably healthier approach
At Signature Clinic we are the only local anaesthetic Rhinoplasty in Scotland and the one of two clinics in the UK. Contact us today for a free Rhinoplasty assessment to discuss your treatment goals.